Papier de Norma is a blog that offers handmade personalized cards for any occasion. And guess what, they’ve just nominated this blog for a Liebster Award!
From what I know, the way it works is that once you are nominated, you write a blog post answering some questions asked by the same blog that has nominated you. You then nominate your own blogs and ask them questions – simple. The award itself is given between blogs and bloggers – something like an internal community.
The following questions were asked by Papier de Norma:
1. What is the number one reason for starting your blog?
I started this blog to push myself outside my boundaries. By ensuring that other people actually saw the type of photographs I was taking, I wanted to expose myself and become a little vulnerable – this way, I was forcing myself to try and take better quality photos each time, making me a little better each time. Also writing – trying to write a short description of how you did things or what you did can be hard sometimes.
2. What do you want your readers to take away from your blog?
I want them to enjoy the photos I take – to remember that there is a little beauty in every little aspect of our lives.
3. What is your favorite blog post from your own blog, so far?
Hmm well this one is a little hard. I always try and share something that I really like, but if I’m going to be true to myself and my past, I have to say A Day in the Life of …Batman?! has to be my favourite one. I’ve got plans to do another set of Lego shots, and recently, the “Legography” has been very popular in the internet community. I’d like to share my other ideas with everyone too.
4. What’s the best advice you’ve ever gotten?
This one is hard. I’ve received some good advice throughout my life. There are 2 that I can think of, 1 that has made an impact in my life since I was a little girl, and 1 recent one that was told me before a job interview. The first, is the moral of the story of the Ugly Duckling. It was told to me in Spanish: Todos te tendrán admiración, si posees un gran corazón. It says, everyone will admire you if you posses a great heart. I thought it was one of the most beautiful things ever told to me. I believe it with all my heart.
The other is, in a job interview, don’t say “we”, but instead say “I” – you want the job don’t you?
5. What are three things you cannot live without?
Does family include in this? If they are material things: my camera; any of my books/comics and my notebook.
6. What’s your idea of a perfect Saturday or Sunday?
Exploring an unknown area or city and taking photos. When taking a break, sit down and read or have a picnic (fresh bread, salami and goat’s cheese) and watch the world go by (and documenting it on a camera of course).
7. What is your favorite recipe to make (or one you’re just really good at)?
What?! I actually don’t have one!
8. What TV show can you not stop watching?
Game of Thrones 🙂 I ❤ the books!
9. When happy/excited/sad/trouble etc., who do call?
My sister 🙂
10. What makes you smile?
My furbaby Newton, which you’ve all met I hope!
11. What quality do you find the most attractive in others?
Kindness. It goes a long way.
Here are my nominees:
Preparing these questions was a quest itself! Here are my questions:
- If you were not writing your blog, what would you be doing?
- If you were to host a dinner and you were allowed to invite 5 persons (alive or past), who would they be and why would you invite them?
- Books or e-book reader? Which one is better?
- Do you have a special place where you go to think? If so, where?
- When you’re preparing your next topic or blog entry, what is the first thing you do?
- If you were a dinosaur, what type would you be?
- As a blogger, what is the first thing you look for in other blogs?
- If one day you could write a book, what would it be about and what would you call it?
- What would be the advice you would give yourself 10 years ago?
- Who would you dedicate your blog to, if you have not already?
Good luck everyone! 🙂